Don't forget to spring forward on Saturday night
I hope that you all stayed safe and warm during our storms this past week. A double-whammy reminder of the power of nature. For this week's note I thought I would give you an update on some of the church activities that were discussed at the last church council meeting. This time of year we are focused on Lent and Easter in programs and reorganizing and planning in our administration.
The Lenten worship focus on spirituality is helping to deepen our life of faith while providing practical meditations to calm our hearts and focus our minds. The Taize chants serve to unite us together and focus us on God at the beginning of each of our services.
In the other church news:
- The Trustees are finishing an update of our church office with two new computers and our bookkeeper Jenn is reworking our accounting system.
- The benefit auction committee is planning for the April 21 "Wild West" themed benefit dinner at Northport Yacht club. (save the date)
- Church council has appointed a Strategic Planning Committee to set new goals for our next five years.
- We are recruiting youth members for our new Youth Leadership Council.
- The Children's Ministry is preparing for the Palm Sunday Easter Egg hunt.
- We have our last night for the Huntington Interfaith Homeless Initiative on March 17.
- The membership committee continues to recruit for fellowship hour and are planning a revamped new member's class for after Easter.
There is always a lot going on below the church surface to keep our congregation strong and vital. I am grateful for all the volunteers who work so hard to make this congregation the caring place that it is.
See you in church,